Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Vintage and Thrifted Plant Containers

Thrifted Basket Spring Planter | Denise on a Whim
I recently decided to go a little greener in my house.
I added a few plants, both real and fake, here and there.
The little basket above is one spot.
A few pots from the dollar store and a wooden basket
makes a nice little springtime display.
I added a faux succulent to this old wooden spool from my mom's sewing stuff
and I paired it with a tiny cloche, of sorts, filled with some old thread
that sits on top of some very old home movie reels that were my moms.
Wooden Spool Succlent Planter | Denise on a Whim
This small basket was a 50 cent thrift store find.
Thrifted Basket Planter | Denise on a Whim
And another thrift store basket that got a paint makeover
holds some fake ivy.
Thrifted Basket Planter | Denise on a Whim
This vintage enamelware bucket has some springtime grass.
Vintage Enamelware Bucket Planter | Denise on a Whim
And a few more succulents sit inside an old metal match box.
Vintage Match Box Succulent Planter | Denise on a Whim
One of my favorite new green spots is this old meat grinder.
I found this at the thrift store, too,
for much cheaper than I would have gotten it anywhere else!
Some more ivy spills from it now.
Vintage Meat Grinder Planter | Denise on a Whim
And finally, a real plant.
Sitting in another painted thrift store basket,
is this clipping that a friend brought me.
It's supposed to be easy to take care of.
We'll see.
Because I DO NOT have a green thumb!
But if I can keep this alive, I'm going to be getting more really plants soon.
Cross your fingers for me!
Thrifted Basket Planter | Denise on a Whim

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover