Thursday, April 2, 2015

Spring Garland with Jello Molds

Spring Garland DIY with Jello Molds from Denise on a Whim
I didn't do much decorating for Easter this year.
I went with a spring them and then added a few simple Easter touches.
Like this wire egg basket with speckled eggs.

I placed the basket on my new shelf but it seemed to be missing something.
I had purchased these jello molds from the store where I have my booth.
I fully intended to make them into flowers when I purchased them.
I bought some wooden buttons at our local five and dime store. (Yes, we have one those!)

I painted the buttons in a few spring colors
and threaded some baker's twine into the button holes.
Then I used hot glue to attach them to the centers of the jello molds.
I added some twine onto the backs of the molds with hot glue, as well, to make a garland.
Jello Mold Spring Daisy Garland with Wooden Button Centers | Denise on a Whim
I strung the garland above the egg basket.
(One of my favorite finds!)
Egg Basket with Speckled Eggs  | Denise on a Whim
I had purchased the eggs at Target.
The blue, green and yellow combination of the eggs and garland is so bright and cheery!
Jello Mold Spring Daisy Garland with Painted Wooden Button Centers | Denise on a Whim
Underneath the shelf, I have this great old wooden cabinet.
I've been using it to hold my music collection
(I have a TON of cds!)
On the cabinet, I placed a rusty container full of dried hydrangeas.
Someone actually threw them into the trash at a craft show.
I, of course, scooped them up!
Speckled Eggs and Hydrangeas | Denise on a Whim
I added a few more speckled eggs on both sides of the rusty container.
Speckled Eggs and Hydrangeas | Denise on a Whim
Now my new cupboard door shelf is decked out in spring colors and rust.
Looking at it just makes me happy!
Spring Garland DIY with Jello Molds from Denise on a Whim
 I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter with their family!
I'm cooking a pretty big dinner for my kids and a guest.
I'm sure he'll be taking some leftovers home because I always get carried away and make a feast!
But I know we'll have a wonderful time.
Holidays with special people are more and more precious to me the older I get.
I often miss my parents during these times,
but they are also a good reminder of how lucky I am to have my own little family
and to know some very special people to share these moments with.
Spring Garland DIY with Jello Molds from Denise on a Whim

 Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover