Monday, November 24, 2014

Rustic Trees and Junky Snowmen

Rustic Trees and Junky Snowmen Shelf Decor from Denise on a Whim
With all of the snow we had last week,
I got motivated to get my home a little bit winterized.
Let me show you what I put together!

I started with my rusty metal shelf
and decided to go with a snow and rustic tree theme.
Rustic Trees and Junky Snowmen Shelf Decor from Denise on a Whim
I first grabbed this faux window frame and put some burlap behind it.
It used to be a mirror but I had already removed that.
Then I made a quick garland with some old buttons, twine and a few small snowflakes
that I had in my stash of stuff.
Button Garland from Denise on a Whim
After placing the burlap-backed window as a backdrop,
I added a few junky pieces I had hanging around.
An insulator, a block of wood and a jar with a rusty metal lid
become rustic snowmen with the addition of some twine scarves!
Snowmen Made from Junk from Denise on a Whim

An Insulator, a Block and a Glass Jar as Snowman Decor from Denise on a Whim
 This glass jar is something a friend found for me at a garage sale.
It's just perfect as a snowman! 
Adding Twine to an Old Jar Makes an Instant Snowman from Denise on a Whim
Next, I added a few rustic trees. 
Twig Christmas Tree from Denise on a Whim
For this twig tree, I simply drilled a hole in a block of wood,
large enough for the tree trunk to nestle in, and added some wood glue.
Then I cut 4 pieces of the same twig at different lengths and used twine to attach them to the trunk.
Twig Christmas Tree from Denise on a Whim
  I took a triangular piece of scrap wood and glued it to a small building block
for my second rustic tree.
Then I added another goodie that I was lucky enough to find on Saturday at an estate sale.
Easy and quick rustic trees!
Rustic Christmas Tree Decor from Denise on a Whim
 I painted letters on a few pieces of scrap wood to add to the rusty bins.
And attached the small end of a bottle brush to a spool of thread
as another tree to place near the blocks.
Bottle Brush Tree on a Spool of Thread from Denise on a Whim
 After adding a few more snowflakes, my shelf is all decked out for winter!
Because, ready or not, here it comes!
Rustic Trees and Junky Snowmen Shelf Decor from Denise on a Whim

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!
post signature
Pin It button on image hover