Thursday, September 4, 2014

Rescuing a Little Round Table

This great roadside find gets a cute makeover in coral and blue from Denise on a Whim
It isn't often that I can actually pick up a piece of furniture on  the side of the road.
My car is just too darn small!
But I saw this cute table on my way home from work last week and,
GUESS WHAT?
It fit in my car! 
So I scooped it up, brought it home with me and gave it a little makeover!

The first thing I had to do was remove the trim around the edges.
It was chipped and cracked and broken and needed to go.
A Roadside Rescue Becomes a Cute Side Table from Denise on a Whim
I was toying with the idea of doing a nautical theme and adding rope around the edge.
But I decided I didn't like that idea.
This table just didn't seem nautical to me.
What it seemed to want was cute.
So that's what I gave it... a cute makeover!
Whimsical Table Makeover from Denise on a Whim
I used Coral Reef from American Paint Company on the table tops.

And I painted the base with a homemade blue chalk paint.
Then added a little Destin Gulf Green from CeCe Caldwell
over parts of it to give it some texture.
Destin Gulf Green over a homemade blue chalk paint adds texture to a table makeover from Denise on a Whim
I added more Coral Reef to the 3 little feet.
A touch of coral on the feet of a table makeover from Denise on a Whim
And it was pretty cute.
But maybe not quite cute enough...
Coral and Blue Table Makeover from Denise on a Whim
So I decided to add a little more whimsy
with a few stripes in Emperor's Silk from Annie Sloan.
Coral with red stripes add a touch of whimsy to a roadside rescue table from Denise on a Whim
And I think that did the trick!
Rescuing a Little Round Table from Denise on a Whim
Our cat decided to get in on the photo shoot of the table makeover.
It's been awhile since you've seen him
so I snapped one of Marco, too.
He's over a year old now
even though it seems like just yesterday when we brought him home!
Marco the Cat at Denise on a Whim

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover