Monday, August 18, 2014

Pretty Wall Hooks with a Display Ledge

Wall Hook Board with a Display Ledge from Denise on a Whim
I don't know about you, but I love hooks! There's never enough places to hang bags, backpacks, coats and hats in my house! Even with hooks readily available, the kids love to come home from school and just drop everything on the floor. Is it just me or do you have that problem, too? I'm thinking it's universal with kids everywhere!

Creating a hook board is pretty simple. This one was made from pieces of a shipping crate that I took apart. All of the holes and stamping give it character!
Wall Hook Board made from a Shipping Crate from Denise on a Whim
 I'm loving the red stamped "up" on this board. I used a light coat of white over that board just so the stamping would show through. 

And this white, chippy doorknob makes a perfect middle hook on this piece!
Wall Hook Board with a Chippy Doorknob Hook from Denise on a Whim
I painted the boards before assembling them together. I used America Paint Company paints in Peacock and Surfboard, plus a vintage white.

After painting, I used 2 horizontal cross pieces of wood on the back, with some wood glue for extra hold, and nailed the boards to it. The ledge was simply part of the crate that I didn't take apart. I glued that to the assembled boards and added screws from the back.
Display Ledge and Wall Hooks from a Shipping Crate from Denise on a Whim
 I picked up a few old, black hooks from a flea market a while back. They look great along with the old doorknob.
Vintage Hooks on a Pretty Blue Display Ledge from Denise on a Whim
 This functional piece would be great to prop some family photographs on. Or some vintage goodies like these old slide holders that I have (one of my favorite finds!).
Blue Hook Board with a Clever Display Ledge from Denise on a Whim
I'll be back soon with another project to share.
I'm feeling pretty stinking creative again!
Finally!

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover