Thursday, November 7, 2013

Roasted Chestnuts and Nippy Noses

Dreamy Burlap and Window Christmas Sign
There's just something so wonderfully old-fashioned about this white and burlap sign framed by a chippy window. I think I'm in love!

It all started with the need for Christmas items at our booth and not much time to put them together. I had cut a stencil for this Christmas sign but never had a chance to make the actual pallet sign. Knowing I was short on Christmas items, I just had to put together a few more before I went to revamp my booth. So, I made the trip out to my garage. Low and behold, this chippy white window was waiting for me. The panes and dividers were nearly falling out and needed to be removed anyway, so in the house it went...
Chippy Window Christmas Sign
Just so happened it was the perfect size for my stencil. Out came the burlap and the Vintage White paint. A quick fold and staple on the back of the window and this gorgeous, dreamy Christmas sign was born!
Chippy Window Burlap Sign
I left a few rusty nails in the window for character...
Chippy Old Window (with Rusty Nails) as a Sign Frame
I added some garland to a white bundt pan for staging the photo. (Yep-had another one of those hanging around the house!) You may remember I mentioned I have a slight problem when I showed off our Bundt Pan Punkin'. Thank goodness for my slight obsession. It made for a nice little tree when I didn't have one handy!
A Bundt Pan and Some Garland as an Impromptu Tree
And a handful of vintage white ornaments to complete the scene...
Chippy Window Christmas Sign and Vintage Ornaments
I'm super glad that neither Eric nor myself had the chance to make that pallet sign because I love this version so much better! :)
Vintage White and Burlap Sign in a Chippy Old window
Now that I got my booth ready for Christmas and I'm posting about these projects, I'm really getting in the mood. Might have to do the decorating a little early this year... ;)

Head on over and like our facebook page here.
Follow me on Pinterest with this link.
To get all the latest posts through bloglovin', just click this.
New followers and comments absolutely make my day! :)
'Til next time!
post signature
Everyone loves a good party!
Check my project out along with other great inspiration, at these great blogs...
That DIY Party at DIY ShowoffGive Me the Goods Party at Rain on a Tin RoofMonday Link Party at Le Chateau des FleursMonday Funday at Creatively LivingInspiration Monday at twelveOeightThe Scoop at Cedar Hill RanchProject Inspired{d}at Cupcakes and CrinolineTweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little HouseThe Power of Paint Party at Domestically SpeakingFluster's Creative Muster Party at Fluster BusterBrag About It Tuesday at BebetsyKnick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time InteriorsWhimsy Wednesday at Smart School HouseUnder $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket FenceWow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern StyleFrom Dream to Reality at The DIY DreamerWork It Wednesday at The Blissful BeeHome and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome LifeSimply Shabbilicious Christmas Link Party at Shabby Art BoutiqueInspire Me Please Link Party at Liz Marie BlogFrugal Friday at The Shabby NestFeathered Nest Friday at French Country CottageWhat Have You Redone at Redoux InteriorsThrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty GrooveSimple and Sweet Fridays at Rooted inThyme, It's That Time Again Friday at Craft AllieBe Inspired at Common GroundFabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer RizzoShow and Tell Friday at Romantic HomeJunkin' Joe Vintage and Thrifty Finds at The Cottage MarketLink Party Palooza at Tatertots and JelloTickled Pink at 504 MainBest of the Weekend at A Little ClaireificationSaturday Show and Tell at Cheerios and LattesSaturday Nite Special at Funky Junk InteriorsA Bouquet of Talent Party at Life on Lakeshore Drive, Fall Into the Holidays Party at Horrific KnitsFrom the Farm Blog HopDIY Showcase Party at Minette's MazeShare It One More Time at One More Time Events
Pin It button on image hover