Friday, June 21, 2013

I'm an author (unofficially)

I've been waiting to share a fun project with you and I've decided today is the day to go ahead and do it!
I'm (almost and kind of) a published author and illustrator of a children's book!
Here's the front cover of the book...

If you didn't know, I'm a graphic designer by day (at my real job). I'm also on the Board of Directors for the Kent County Youth Fair. For the last 4 years, I've been doing the graphic design for our Fair's printed materials and signs. Each year, the members pick a theme for the Fair. This year's theme is Party 'til the Cows Go Home! 

I knew I was going to love doing the artwork for this year's theme. I had visions of cute little barnyard animals running around in my head. And I've managed to create some real cuties for sure!

Each year at the Fair, we have a designated time on Tuesdays where kids can come to ride for free if they have been reading and bring in their registration form. We call it Reading for Rides. What a great idea, don't you think? Encouraging reading is always a wonderful thing in my book!
We usually design and print a bookmark to promote this event. This year, we decided to go a step further and produce a children's book about Fair. Guess who got stuck with the project? Yep, me!

Here are a few fun pages...



I'm super excited about this and can't wait to see it in print! Hope you don't mind me stepping away from my usually projects to tell you about this different one, but I just couldn't help but share it with you all here!

You can always check out the website to find out more about the Kent County Youth Fair and the Reading for Rides event. If you live around this area, we'd love to see you in August. In the meantime,  read this summer. And encourage others to do so too! :)

If you haven't liked our facebook page yet, you can do that here.
And you can follow me on Pinterest with this link.
To get my new posts at bloglovin', just click this.
New followers and comments absolutely make my day! :)
post signature




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover