Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Jumping In

I figured today's as good a day as any to jump into this blog thing. I've had my blog sorta-kinda set up for about a week now, but haven't actually written anything yet. So, I guess I'd better start...

I'm pretty anxious to get off of work today. And, no, it isn't because there's a margarita waiting with my name on it! :) It's because Eric is bringing the trailer here and we're going to pick up a beauty of a desk from someone . Found it on craigslist. (I must admit, I think I may be addicted to looking at the "free" and "furniture" listings on there!) But I found it for a steal and am absolutely thrilled about it! I swear I'm like a kid in a candy store when it comes to lucking in to a great find. Speaking of great finds, did I mention we're also picking up a free coffee table today too? I am so completely excited!

Here's the desk I'm so thrilled about...


I have an idea for the color I want to use on this old girl. But once I have it in my hot little hands, I'll know for sure what I'm going to do with it. The top is probably going to need a bit of filling and sanding but, for the most part, she's in great shape. And she's a beauty!

I'm so glad to finally be refinishing a piece of furniture for our new business. So far, we've done smaller items that Eric has built from all the pallets he has crammed in his house and yard. And that's been a whole bunch of fun! But we finally found a great piece like this at a reasonable price and I'm very anxious to get going on it. That being said, it probably won't happen this weekend. I can be as anxious as they come, but my kids don't always let me act on that! :) But, if by some strange force of nature, I actually can start working on our new treasure this weekend, I'll be sure to take pics so you all can follow the transformation! Talk to you soon.


2 comments:

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover